Fresno’s #1 non-surgical gastric balloon
About the size of a small, soft grapefruit, the Orbera single-bubble stomach balloon sits in the abdomen for six months, creating a satiated feeling of fullness that discourages excess eating so you can lose the weight.
The silicone balloon is endoscopically inserted through the mouth and down the throat to the belly, where it is then inflated with a customized amount of sterile saline. No general anesthesia, incisions or surgery is required, and the entire process takes about 30 minutes.
An innovative, two-part process
The entire Orbera gastric balloon treatment lasts 12 months. For the first half of the program in months 1 thru 6, the abdominal implant helps you to learn portion control, curb hunger cravings and gradually adjust to life without snacking, binging or night eating.
In the second phase, the balloon is removed, but lifestyle coaching continues for six more months, fortifying the progress you make so you can keep the weight off long term.
- The revolutionary Orbera technology
- A individualized diet and exercise road map
- 24/7 online support
- Access to team psychologists and personal trainers
- Continuous lifestyle coaching from qualified nutritionists and physicians
- A comprehensive aftercare and follow up regimen
Who created Orbera?
Known around the world in over 80 nations as a visionary designer of minimally invasive endoscopic surgical equipment such as the LAP-BAND and OverStitch suturing, Apollo Endosurgery, Inc.’s newest weight loss strategy is the Orbera gastric balloon.
Based in Austin, Texas, Apollo’s core mission is to create a stepping stone between bariatric surgery and other less aggressive obesity treatments such as diet pills, exercise and meal planning.
Although other similar balloons have been in use for the last two decades throughout Europe, India, Mexico, Canada, Australia and South America, the Orbera device is the first intragastric balloon of its kind to be approved in the US.
Is Orbera safe?
The FDA has created a list of qualifications to receive the Orbera gastric balloon treatment. Your Athenix Fresno doctor can help you make sure you qualify during your free, confidential consultation at our athenix Fresno office.
In general, the Orbera system should only be administered by a vetted, board certified physician under strict supervision at an accredited outpatient facility such as the Athenix Body Sculpting Institute, or at a local hospital.
Orbera may not be right for those:
- under 18
- with a BMI of more than 40
- with active substance abuse issues
- who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- who have undergone previous bariatric surgery or who currently have a gastric balloon
- taking aspirin, blood thinners or other GI tract irritants
- with a GI infection or disorder
- with a hiatal hernia
- who cannot tolerate an endoscope through the mouth, throat or esophagus
- who have issues with severe bleeding
- with a psychiatric disorder
- with liver failure
- unwilling to follow through with the 12-month dietary counseling sessions
Schedule a new patient consultation at no charge and find out if the gastric balloon procedure is right for you.Schedule a consultation